Tank Liquid Agitators (TLAs)
The Jacoby-Tarbox Tank Liquid Agitator (JT TLA) is an eductor designed for “in-tank” applications. The TLA operates on the principle of flow dynamics. Pressurized fluid is accelerated through the nozzle to become a high velocity stream that entrains tank contents and intimately mixes with them. This combined stream exits the TLA at a high velocity creating a flow field capable of causing additional agitation and mixing the tank contents.
The TLA’s motive fluid may come from two sources. The tank liquid may be recirculated through the eductor via an external pump or a secondary fluid may be introduced into the tank. Gasses, as well as liquids, are used as the secondary fluid. Aeration and gas dispersion for chemical reactions are common uses of gas motive systems. Liquids are typically additives to be mixed with or to dilute the tank contents.
• Computer optimized flow paths enable the JT TLA to maintain a high “pick-up ratio” (the ratio of fluid entrained to the motive fluid) while maximizing the hydraulic efficiency (the ratio of hydraulic power at the outlet of the TLA to the hydraulic power at the inlet) to generate an optimum flow field from the greatest flow amplification.
• Optimum flow field enables more activity within the tank than competitive units without changing pumps.
• The TLA can be used in a wide variety of open vessels or closed tanks.
• Compact design and east of counting keeps the TLA from interfering with other tank equipment.
• “In-tank” mounting eliminates need for costly, complex mounting structures above tanks.
• No moving parts in the eductor, minimizing maintenance expenses.
• Eliminates stratification and promotes a homogenous tank with relation to pH, temperature, solids or gas dispersion, and distribution of chemicals.
• Produces a unique agitation not available with other types of mixers, as the TLA can generate a directed flow, field within the fluid being mixed including viscous fluids, slurries, and suspensions.
• Easily mixes liquids of differing specific gravities and its excellent for scrubbing applications where a lower specific gravity fluid is driven into the higher one.
• Flow amplification due to high “pick-up ration” and hydraulic efficiency permits the use of smaller pumps, which translates to reduced costs of mixing or agitation.
• Reduces investment cost because existing transfer pumps can be utilized for more than one purpose.
• Excellent for heating tank contents in steam applications.
• Standard materials TLA’s are cast or fabricated in: bronze, 316 stainless and carbon steel. Cast units range from IPS 3/8″ to 3″. Larger sizes and other materials are fabricated. Consult the factory for details.
• Standard body connection for 3/8 and 3/4 units is male NPT and for 1-1/2 through 3, female NPT. Optional connections include female/male NPT, butt weld, socket weld, and flanged.
Model TLA – Tank Liquid Agitator (E100.3)
TLA with Standard NPT Connections (E400.03)
TLA with Flanged Connections (E400.04)
Model TLA Eductors Installation, Operation and Maintenance Manual
TLA Eductor Application Sizing (E300.2)